Purpose and Basis for Using Personal Information
We use the categories of personal information listed below (1) to evaluate your qualifications for available or anticipated employment positions or engagements to perform work for Argo AI and (2) for the purposes of complying with applicable laws. Unless you direct otherwise in writing, we may (but are not obligated to) retain the personal information you provide for up to two years and we may use that information to consider your eligibility for any available or anticipated employment positions or engagements to perform work for Argo AI during that time.
Categories of Personal Information.
- Personal identifiers and demographics. We collect personal identifiers (such as your name, contact details, Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number) and personal characteristics (such as your date of birth). Sensitive identifiers such as Social Security, passport, and driver’s license numbers are only collected when there is a need for those identifiers (for example, to comply with immigration requirements or for the purposes of obtaining driving records or background checks in accordance with applicable law).
- Job preference information. We receive the information you submit about your job preferences (such as the posting and description of the job(s) for which you apply, your compensation expectations, and your preferred start date).
- Professional, employment, and education information. We receive professional and employment-related information (such as information in your cover letter and resume/CV, qualifications, training received, details of previous employment roles, and a list of skills) and education information (such as certifications, license, academic transcripts, and confirmations of attendance at an educational establishment).
- Health information. We may receive health-related information from you that is relevant to your application and in accordance with applicable law, such as when you provide information about your ability to perform certain job functions, the need for accommodations, or a disability.
- Protected class information. We may receive protected class information from you as defined by and in accordance with applicable law (such as race, gender, copies of citizenship and right to work information, and veteran status).
- Comments and appointments data. We receive any comments and messages you submit along with your job applications. We also receive and maintain appointment and scheduling information.
- Background check and public records information. With your permission and in accordance with applicable law, we may receive background check results and information contained in background check reports. This may include, or we may directly obtain, information from public government records (such as work history, credit history, driving records, criminal records, and court records).
- Publicly available information. We may review publicly available social media pages and other public Internet postings and materials in accordance with applicable law.
- Signature Data. We collect your signature and related authentication details in connection with any documents you electronically or physically sign and provide to us. This information may be used to maintain the integrity of our processes, enforce rights, prevent fraud, and validate your identity.
We may automatically collect other categories of personal information when you use an Argo AI website to submit your application or related materials to us. We use this information to provide and improve our website and job application processes, for anti-fraud purposes, and to create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity, such as views of certain job postings. These additional categories consist of:
- Online identifiers. We may collect your IP address and other online identifiers when you use Argo AI’s website.
- Website activity information. We may monitor and record website usage information, such as website clicks, content and page views, and the website each visitor visited prior to our website.
Note that application information may also be directly collected by us via email, and on our behalf by our contracted third-party administrators. In all instances of collection of personal information, described herein, we will collect this information only when and to the extent permissible by law.