The following information and rights only apply to personal data associated with individuals who apply for a position via the Website from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”).
Data Controller. The following are responsible as Joint Controllers:
|Argo AI GmbH Ungererstr. 69 80805 Munich Germany Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org||Argo AI, LLC 2545 Railroad St., Ste. 400 Pittsburgh, PA 15222 United States Data Protection Officer: email@example.com|
Both parties agreed that Argo AI GmbH would be responsible for providing information about the processing activities (as required by Articles 13, 14 and 26 GDPR) to relevant data subjects and responding to exercise of any data subject rights outlined in the below section, “Your Rights as a EEA or UK Data Subject.” Should you wish more information about the joint controller agreement, processing, or exercise your data subject rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose and Basis for Processing.
- Professional data, education data, and other personal data that you provide either via the application or during the application process might be processed to find out whether your skills are suitable for the advertised position.
- Once you are invited to an in-person interview, we might require your payment details if your travel and accommodation expenses can be refunded and to subsequently process such refunds.
- Publicly available information.
We only process your personal data to the extent required to carry out and complete the application procedure and for employment purposes consistent with applicable law. This may include contacting you regarding your application or to contact you about other job openings that we believe may be of interest to you during the application phase. The legal basis of the processing is the necessity for the application process and, if applicable, the initiation of an employment relationship as well as our legitimate interest, Art. 6 I (b) and (f) GDPR.
Data Sharing. We may share personal data we receive for the following purposes for our business and commercial purposes and as more specifically described below:
- To our affiliates in order to fulfill the application process (e.g. during interviews) as well as in order to meet our hiring decision together with our parent company.
- To our service providers (such as IT service vendors, website hosting facilities, email distribution services and our online recruiting platform), contractors, and other third-parties we use to support our business. Such vendors are contractually bound to us and operate under data processing agreements (based on our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 I (f) GDPR).
- To courts or authorities or other third parties in order to comply with an applicable court order, law, or legal process, which includes responding to relevant government or regulatory requests (based on our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 I (c) GDPR).
- To courts or authorities or other third parties if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations regarding the safety or rights of Argo AI, our employees, you, or others (based on our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 I (f) GDPR).
- With your prior consent (based on Art. 6 I (a) GDPR).
International Transfers. Your data will be processed and stored within the EEA and United States – unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice. In the case of transfer to third countries which do not provide for an adequate level of data protection, we apply additional safeguards in accordance with applicable data protection regulations to ensure that the recipient adheres to the principles of data protection applicable in the EEA / the UK. You may request further information about the implemented safeguards by reaching out to us under the above contact details.
How Long We Process Personal Data. As a general matter, we will delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Your Rights as a EEA or UK Data Subject. As a data subject in the EEA or UK you have certain rights in relation to our processing of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection regulations:
- Right to access (Art. 15 GDPR), right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR), Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR), right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR), right to restriction (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Right to object. In certain circumstances (e.g., where the legal basis for processing is a legitimate interest or if we are performing direct marketing), you may object to continued processing for those purposes. If you do, we will re-evaluate our legitimate business interests and your data protection interests. We will only continue the processing activity if (i) there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or (ii) the processing is necessary to establish, enforce or defend legal claims.
- Right to lodge a complaint. We prefer to resolve any data protection concerns directly with you. However, you have the right to submit a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, e.g. in the EEA country (or the UK) where you reside, work, or suspect an infringement has occurred.
If you would like to assert your rights as a data subject or have questions concerning our processing activities, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact” section above. For additional information from the European Commission concerning data protection and your rights, see: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.